Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 22, 2007

OOPS! & Sofia is sick, again!

First of all, I have not been on the computer at all until right now and I just realised that I accidentally saved my last post instead of publishing it. I am so sorry to all of you who have been checking every night for an update and I waited a week. I was just so exhausted that night. Unfortunately that wasn't the end of Sofia's issues. So here goes.....

On Wednesday, Sofia was playing and somehow fell and busted her lip and chipped her front tooth. I couldn't believe it! She still only has 6 teeth, 4 on top and 2 on the bottom. I heard her fall and ran to her to see her lips covered in blood and then I noticed something hard and white on her chin, I jsut knew it was a piece of her tooth. When Ivan came home from the gym I told him and he was able to get her to open her mouth and he saw the chip. He kept calling her Bubba! He is so mean! Then on Thursday morning Sofia's doctor called to tell me that her urine culture did not grow anything, so I could stop the antibiotics and that she wasn't going to need to do another urine culture or the VCUG. I was so happy. So, she went ahead and scheduled Sofia's 18 month check up for Friday. We went in and everything was great except Sofia had lost more weight. She said her tooth looked okay and that she didn't need to see a dentist for it. Sofia also got a mosquito bite the night before right under her eye. So, it looked like she had been punched in the eye. It was terrible! I told you all before that those mosquitos here are bad! Anyway, Sofia only had to have her Flu shot and the Hep A vaccine. She was terrified after being back in the hospital. She has been freaking out anytime it seems like someone may be walking her direction. It makes me sad. She was never really shy before. So, we left the appointment with our biggest concern being Sofia's weight loss. So, I decide to go back to work on Saturday and Ivan was flying out that morning, too. So, about 1pm my friend calls me and tells me that Sofia is feeling warm. I told her that I had Motrin and Tylenol in the bag and she could give her some Tylenol. My Mom was already off of work and on her way to get her anyway. My Mom took her home and she slept for about 3 hours and woke up and seemed fine. I was concerned that she took such a long nap, but then again she was with a friend that also has 2 kids and I figured she was just worn out. So, her and my Mom met me up at work at 6:30pm and we were going to go and have dinner. Then in about 20 minutes everything changed. We got out to the car and she was very cranky and kinda out of it. She started to feel like she was burning up and she was shivering. My Mom took her home, I ran and picked up some food on my way home and made a call to the on-call doc. When I got home I took Sofie's temp and it was 103.1. The doctor's concern was that if she caught something it was probably caught in the hospital. She said that she couldn't be sure and that Sofia would have to be seen to be positive. I decided that I would go thru the night and see how she did and then go in the morning if she wasn't doing well. At 5am she had fever again and was fine until about 1pm. I had gone in to work again, so I wasn' with her. My Mom called and said that her fever was at 103 again. She gave her Motrin and she slepted about 3 hours again. The doctor called me to see how she was and said for me to keep her fever under control and take her in to her primary doc in the morning as long as she didn't have any other issues. So, I did the best I could and this morning was the worst I had seen her. She fell asleep off and on for like 2 hours from the time we left the house to the time she was seen. It was kinda scarey. She had just woke up, too. The doctor thought she looked fine, but her temp was 103.2 when we got there. Her throat was red so she swabbed for strep and that came back negative. She then took some blood and said she would call me with results later. Of course I was thinking probably what the rest of you are thinkg, why did she take her off the antibiotics in the first place! Well, she explained that to me. Since Sofia's urine was so concentrated from her being so dehydrated, which was off the charts, they couldn't even measure it, but that showed a false negative. It contained a lot of bacteria and white blood cells. But, then the culture was totally negative. So, it wasn't a UTI. Anyway, about 4pm today they called me with the results and said that it was just viral and that I just need to keep treating the fever with the Motrin and Tylenol and that if by Thursday the fever wasn't gone to take her back in and that they would have to admit her again for observation. So, lets just pray that the fever goes away. I have given up on taking it. She is so scared of the thermometer now. She is fighting me now and refusing the Motrin and Tylenol, she even gags on them and throws them up when I fight her to take them. She was looking good this afternoon, but then not so good again tonight. So, hopefully it will start going away.

We went from having hot Texas weather yesterday to very windy, rainey 50 degree weather this morning. It was great, but not having to take a sick toddler on a 45 minute drive to the doctor. But, we made it safely and it cleared up this afternoon. I don't watch local news very often and so I missed the weather report. I had to unpack a box of 18month clothes this morning hoping to find something for Sofia to wear! The girl has more clothes than I do, but we forgot about winter clothes! Actually I haven't had to buy her any clothes until today. The box I unpacked was full of clothes from her Birthday. She is just now starting to fit in her 18 month clothes. She did have one pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt we had bought for her for Halloween. Her Grandma and Papa immediately went out and fixed that problem for us and bought her some new outfits and shoes for the winter. She loves Dora, but calls her "backpack - backpack!" Dora, Boots and Backpack are on the shoes that her Grandparents bought for her. She is talking so much more now, it is too cute!

Well, I am going to go and try to start checking the 300 emails I have. Before I go though, I want to congratulate my Brother, Brian, and my Sister-in-Law, Kelly, they are expecting and are due right around Sofia's Birthday. We are all praying for a very healthy baby boy! They have 3 girls and 1 boy already and for Kelly's sake I hope it is a boy or else my brother will make her try again! We keep referring to the baby as a girl, though! My fingers are crossed Kel!!!

Thank you all again for your prayers for Sofia and I am sorry, again, for the posting mistake.

Love, Cat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're always in our thoughs and prayers!

Sofia is very strong girl and we believe our princess will be good in a short time.

Hugs, love.

LaurenZiebart said...

Glad to hear an update that is more positive! Keep them coming. As always, you're in our thoughts here in Canada.

Love Lauren

The Goddess G said...

Hoping that Sofia is feeling better and on the mend soon!
~Carole
http://thejourneyfromhere.blogspot.com
http://accordingtocarole.blogspot.com