Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 15, 2007

Sofia's in the Hospital

Sorry again that it has been so long since the last update, and I am sorry that this is going to be short, but Sofia has been admitted to the hospital. Friday evening I noticed that the left side of her chest was swollen. I took her to the ER and the doctor said that she was fine and that that was just made that way! I was pissed he was a little rude about it and left it at that. He said that if I was so concerned then I should take her to her normal doctor on Monday. Well, Sofia did not eat the whole weekend and has been sleeping a lot more than usual. I called her doctor as soon as we woke up this morning, and they asked for me to bring her in right away. I did and the doctor agreed that Sofia's chest was swollen and that it was not like that the week before when she saw her. She was also very concerned cause Sofia had lost a little over a pound and was not wetting any diapers. As we talked she was able to download Sofia's xrays from Friday night's ER visit. She was shocked and asked how could that doctor think they were normal xrays cause they were not normal at all. She then checked Sofia O2 Sats and she was satting at 90%. She sent us to the hospital immediately and had Sofia admitted. I only wish the rest of the day and testing had gone as quickly! It took about 2 hours before they took some blood and hooked her up to an IV and then about another hour for them to take her to have a CT scan. Then we got down there and I asked where they were going to sedate her and the nurse looked confused and said why, it is only a 2 minute test. And I told him that they told me they were going to and that is why I asked. So the guy that was going to do the scan said lets just try to lay her down and see how she reacts. Well, she totally freaked out and wouldn't let go of me. So, they sent us back up to her room and said it would be about another hour before the doc to sedate her. Then I got a call from her doc saying she was having to fight them to even sedate her to do the test today they wanted to wait till tomorrow and she said no cause she thought there was a chance that she may have re-herniated. So, she had to call her surgeon to get him to back her up. They did, but the guys nurse was so rude to uis when we finally went down. She just wanted to go home. It was so weird having them sedate her while she was in my arms. She got so heavy! Then they asked me to leave and to go the another floor and wait for them in the Pediatric Surgery Waiting room. So, we did. They were done in about 20 minutes and took us into recovery to sit with her till she woke up. She was so grouchy when she woke up and then about 2 hours later was totally wired! I got the call about three hours after the scan from her doc to tell me that her left lung is over inflated and that it looks like her stomach may be starting to re-herniate. She is waiting for the other two docs to go over it and they will call as soon as they find out. Then at about 10pm they took Sofia to do a urine analysis. It took 3 different sized catheters and 4 nurses for them to finally get it. Then, when they were done we went back to the room and my poor baby passed out. Her daddy showed up aobut 30 minutes ago and that is why I had time to run to the playroom where the computer is to post. I am going to go back now and try and get some sleep. I will update as soon as I can, or I will have someone do it for me. Please keep Sofia in your prayers. God Bless.

Love, Catherine

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you both! im so sorry to hear about your problems, i hope that things will get better really soon. lots of prayers!!
Dotty

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers! We are here if you need anything!

Elizabeth said...

Cat,

I will keep them updated at Breath of Hope - don't worry about posting there - you have enough to worry about.

Hugs,
Elizabeth

Kathryn said...

I will keep you all in my prayers.It is so hard to see such a little person going through so much and I'm sure it is emotionaly draining as well.I hope things work out quickly.Kathryn

Tanaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanaya said...

I am praying for you guys. It is almost shocking to read your recent post. I have seen sooo many pictures of Sofia's adorable smile and have kind of distanced her from all her troubles in the beginning. You must be beside yourself with worry (and anger at the idiot, condescending ER doc.). They may have a PHD, but sometimes they are just plain ignorant. I will be thinking about you guys and praying for a miraculous healing (with no surgery) and a speedy recovery. Take care and know that you are not alone.
~Tanaya~
www.silaskyne.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ugh is all I've been able to say since Friday, so UGH! I so hate that y'all are going through this. Hugs to you both and lots of thoughts for the easiest time possible.
Love,
Jenn

Heidi said...

Cat,

Julia and I are sending prayers. We were so surprised to see that Sofia was so sick! I'm so sorry you had to go through that in the emergency room. Please give Sofia kisses and hugs from us and remember to "Expect a Miracle"

Love, Heidi & Julia

baby Jackson said...

praying for you guys let me know if there is anything we can do.
Love
Kimberly Adam and Jackson

Cindy said...

I was shocked when I found out y'all were back at the hospital, and even more shocked when I read about the runaround the doctors have given you. We are sending lots of prayers your way! Feel better Sofia!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
I am so sorry about this...please let me know if there is anything we can do.
Mandy

LaurenZiebart said...

Still praying for you all and hoping for the best. Stay strong. Love always, Lauren

Anonymous said...

I know this is a difficult thing to go through, but remember that Sophia is bigger and stronger now. Jared reherniated when he was only a few months old, so I understand what you are facing. Thank goodness for trusting your mommy instincts!! Keep us updated..prayers are being sent.
Ruby Torres-mommy to Jared RCDH in SA

Jana said...

You are all in my thoughts, Cat. Please keep us updated.

Love,
Jana
Drew's Mommy

Anonymous said...

You're in our players totally..Kisses and hugs for our princess.

A simple being said...

catherine, when i found sofia's story she and you were a glimpse of hope, im sorry you aregoing through this as well as little sohipa
you are never far in my prayers and thoughts. hope things are getting better.
whitney

Anonymous said...

I hope that Sofia is doing better. She is and has been such a fighter. Hope you and your family get some rest and that all will be well soon.

LITTLE PIECES OF US! said...

Oh Catherine! I have a huge lump in my throat. I cant believe how horrible the hospital was. That is uncalled for.
We will remember you in our prayers. Please keep us posted!
Robbin

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear Sofia is back in hospital, she is a little fighter and that will help. You are in our prayers and we send big hugs and kisses to Sofia. Thinking of you all.